Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Getting the word out . . . .

OK, this is quick. I'll be out of the office for the next couple of days and I have to be out the door at 5:00 p.m. to take my cat for her annual shots.

I've been doing more thinking/exploring about marketing my music service, A Touch of Class. I'm becoming more and more convinced I need to develop a website to get the word "out there." Fortunately, Local #94 of the American Federation of Musicians (my union!) has the capacity to link websites of musical groups on its website, http://www.promusicok.org/ (click on AFM Entertainment at the top of the page, scroll down, click on "Chamber," then you'll see A Touch of Class listed). Question is how I can get a website set up for almost no money. Yahoo was suggested to me, so I checked the Yahoo website . . . certainly very reasonable, but my head is spinning at all the options available! Really, I just need a website where I can discuss my services, my qualifications and a clickable link to send e-mail. I'd like the website to show up on the major search engines, and ideally I'd like an online form where someone who's interested in a group can point & click to answer some basic questions, submit the form & I can get right back to them with a bid.

I also need to get a mailing out after the first of the year to start lining up wedding jobs . . . I'm at a loss as to how to design a flyer. Something that will grab the attention of church organists so I can be recommended to couples considering the addition of strings to their wedding music (no, I am not seeking to displace organists) and those couples getting married at non-church venues.

Any ideas, anyone?

On an unrelated note, I saw this article & it really spoke to me about the horrible events of 11/2/04:

Challenge to 'Anybody But Bush' types
Let's build a coalition based on change, not fear
by Byron Williams
http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=18094

No comments: