Friday, November 17, 2006

What a week . . . .

Another fast post . . . this has been a hellish week. Both Sheri and Marc were gone this week, which left me to do the bulk of the phone answering. This morning, five minutes before I was slated to go into a meeting, Don (who was chairing the meeting) handed me a pile of materials to be copied off for the meeting. Then, while I'm at the copier frantically trying to pull it all together, Sharon informs me someone has just walked in for season tickets. Of course, she couldn't help him because she was busy with a repairman who had just shown up. So guess who had to take time away from the copier and get this person's information?

I hope we'll reach a point where we can hire additional office personnel to cover phones, etc. I'm not getting any grantwriting done because of all the distractions.

Last weekend's ballet generally went well -- we performed Copland's Rodeo and Oklahoma!, a ballet derived from the choreography of Agnes deMille for the original Broadway stage production and danced to a suite derived from the original Rodgers & Hammerstein musical. The audience loved it -- especially the rendition of Oklahoma! (our state song) at the conclusion of the ballet. In Oklahoma our state song always brings an audience to its feet!

Hopefully next week will be less hectic. Maybe I can even get that one grant completed -- I'm constantly getting pulled away to do other stuff. I hope there will be fewer distractions next week.

No comments: