Wednesday, September 29, 2004

It’s time I wrote something, huh . . .

Well, things have been busy at work – both day job, and in my musical world! It does not appear things will let up any time soon.

I played a concert in Fayetteville with the North Arkansas Symphony Orchestra on September 17 – this was a pops concert with Glen Campbell. Although I was never exactly a huge fan of Glen’s, it was nice to accompany him on many of the songs that were popular in my youth. He’s still in good voice, and he seems to be doing better since he’s gone into recovery for his drug dependency. His daughter, Debby, also sang a few numbers – she’s quite talented. Of course, I always enjoy my time in Fayetteville – beautiful scenery, lovely downtown area, and Fayetteville is a nice, progressive enclave with its mix of academicians (from the University of Arkansas) and artists (who come to Northwest Arkansas for the inspiration of the beautiful Ozarks).

Unfortunately, this is all I can write today. Have to get to choir practice – guess I just need to write a little bit today.

I am concerned about the elections – I hope the people of this country wake up before the Idiot Prince gets elected to a second term. I really don’t know that democracy in America will survive another four years of Dumbya. And I hope those people who are thinking of voting for Nader, or sitting out this election, because Kerry isn’t good enough for them think long and hard about whether they want to sit back & do nothing while Bush gets re-elected.

I’m doing a lot of praying . . . .

BTW, here’s a fun link:
http://www.seeyageorge.com/ -- this cheers me up!

No comments: